Tania Paez, Hospitality Professional of the Month (June 2019)June 13th, 2019 | hereschicago
Tell us your current position, company and describe what you do?
I’m the Area Director of Sales for Lucky Strike Social… I just sell Fun. Best job ever!
What aspects of hospitality do you incorporate in your business today?
We have to be flexible, warm and honest. Being able to accommodate every need our clients have and making their experience flawless.
Where did your hospitality career begin and when was that “aha” moment when you knew you were supposed to be in hospitality as a career?
When I found myself dreaming about planning the next event and how I was going to enhance it! I knew I was never leaving the hospitality world!
How many years have you been in the hospitality business?
Will this reveal my age?!? – 20 years +
What type of events you plan?
ALL types of Social Gatherings and ALL types of Corporate Events.
What do you love about planning events in Chicago?
I love Chicago! We have amazing food, venues and passion for hospitality. Planning events here with so much competition makes us be creative and keeps is on our toes 24/7.
What do you recommend for others who want to get into the hospitality profession?
Patience! Ha-ha, I think passion, a can do attitude, being friendly and welcoming will lead you to be successful in this industry. Of course, let’s not forget you need to be extremely organized and be a mind reader. ; )
Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
My AMAZING Mother! The hardest and most driven person I know.
What kinds of things really make you laugh?
When people make Fun of me!
What is your favorite movie of all time? Why so?
Pretty Woman! I know. I’m old!
Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
“Muneca” (Means Doll in Spanish) I was cute when I was little…. I don’t know what happened!
Have you received any praise or accolades recently?
This is Definitely the biggest praise!
What type of music do you love?
Salsa! And I love to dance it too.
What don’t people know about you?
I hate Mac and Cheese! Seems to shock people when I say it.
What is your favorite restaurant or bar (Personally)?
This changes… But if I have to pick I will say AND recommend Maude’s
What are your hobbies?
Shopping and trying new restaurants! Is that bad….?
What’s your favorite thing about your hometown?
The Jungle! I’m from Ecuador (South America)
What’s on your bucket list?
Going to Bali!
We would love to hear your thoughts about Hereschicago.com?
Jim has been AMAZING and so helpful! He is very resourceful and knowledgeable about our city! I’m impressed and the fact he shows how much he cares and is willing to help means so much.
- Here's Chicago Event Industry Networking Events
- Chicago Holiday Party Planning Guide
- 20 minutes in 2020
- Chicago Hospitality Professional of the Month
- Chicago's Hidden Gems
- Tips From The Pros
- Meeting and Event Planner Spotlight
- Video Site Tours
- Industry Site Visits and Events
- Planner Preferred News
- Jim Grillo, CMP
- Chicago Meeting & Event Industry Associations
- Epiphany Suites – Sports Entertainment Watch Parties & Corporate Hospitality in a COVID-Safe Environment
- Lisa Landers, CMP, Director of Sales & Marketing, Herrington Inn & Spa, Chicago Hospitality Professional of the Month (August 2020)
- A Disciplined Approach to Job Search
- 20 minutes in 2020 with Cory Fowkes, CMP, Planner/Producer with Next Level Event Design
- Amanda Ellis, Event Designer, Tasty Catering, Chicago Hospitality Professional of the Month (May 2020)